Today, there’s an excess of content, and online users have become selective of what they read and watch. Potential customers have myriad choices when seeking products and services. So, it’s tough to stand out in this vast sea of competition and achieve excellent search visibility.
Fortunately, you can use effective ways to optimize your business website and increase your website traffic. Such means also provide you with a great opportunity to rank higher within search engine results, and the best way to to generate website traffic is through search engines. Needless to mention, your business expands.
Here are 7 ways to optimize your business website for better search visibility:
1) Search Thoroughly for the Best Keywords – Writing blog and social media posts, and content for the landing page of your business website is a great way to get more online traffic. However, it’s the addition of targeted keywords for each product or service plus locality that adds real value to your writing efforts. For instance, if you’re an amazing mobile pizzeria in Chicago, then you can add targeted keywords like “Uncle Sam’s Pizza on Wheels Jefferson Street Chicago”. Adding keywords with the location of your business helps search engines like Google index your website content more correctly.
This way, you create relevant content that would have a powerful impact on the audience. Your website content becomes even more relevant when it matches the user’s search query. Content that isn’t closely related to what the user is seeking would rarely show up in the search results. Hence, it is essential that you optimize the relevancy of each and every page on your business website. You can use Google’s Keyword Planner tool for doing keyword research.
The intent behind your keywords is important. Besides the user’s intention behind the search query, search engines examine the user’s history of searches, search trends, and present location. For instance, if a user intends to buy something, then search engines like Google rank e-commerce websites higher than other web pages and media outlets (magazines and newspapers).
The intent behind the user’s search query has become even more important due to modern technologies like smart assistants plus artificial intelligence (AI), and a more customized search engine experience. So, your content should essentially include context or intent.
You need to integrate your industry keywords as much as possible, throughout the content of your business website. However, be careful not to just stuff them in, else search engines will flag you on grounds of poor website content.
In order to improve your website’s optimization and search engine rankings, you must place these keywords in the most appropriate places of your content. Start optimizing the web pages that create maximum traffic. Include your industry keywords in the title of your webpage, the headings of sections or subsections, the descriptions of your products or services, images, and their alt text, and URLs.
2) Keep Your Content Fresh – One of the most beneficial ways to increase your visibility in search engine results is blogging.
Blogging is a more free-form and less formal style of writing. Also, this way, you and your team create fresh or new content with targeted keywords regularly. Bloggers provide useful information for your readers and important keywords for search engines to index. Greater the bloggers outreach, the more valuable search engines deem your website to be.
You need to prepare a blogging schedule, complete with blog topics and targeted keywords so that you include all the different things related to your business. Other ways to blog, particularly with a geographical focus, include commenting on local news, drawing attention to the success stories of local customers, creating the product- or service-related content for location-specific landing pages, and preparing local case studies.
3) Give Importance to the User Experience – Being the most significant ranking factor, every search engine focuses on the user experience. You must value it if you aim to get a high search ranking.
Your business website needs to load quickly, perform steadily on both mobile and desktop platforms, and it must be easy to access and navigate. Recent surveys show that almost 50 percent of web users turn away if the website won’t load within 3 seconds. Also, nearly 80 percent of the visitors decide never to return to the slow-loading site.
So, it’s critical to optimize your business website and ensure it delivers an excellent user experience. This way, your website will rank much higher as regards user popularity.
Also, it’s important to have a safe and secure website. The aspect of security further influences your search engine rankings. For any of these operations, we need a strong internet connection that can be provided by Best DSL Modem Router Combo and it is common to notice such tech items in small business offices.
4) Stress on Mobile-Friendly Websites – Mobile surfing has already outperformed desktop surfing. Also, search engines like Google give priority to mobile-friendly websites.
Since the visitors to your business website are often mobile surfers, consider carefully how soon your website loads on mobile phones and tablets. Also, consider how it looks in smartphone views. Your website ought to be mobile-friendly and visitors should not be having to pinch and expand to view your site content. This is about how responsive your website design is.
This way, search engines will give priority to your website and you will not lose out on serious business. So, for effective responsive web design, think mobile first.
5) Focus on voice and video – With the launch of technological aids like Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa, the number of voice-based search queries has increased appreciably. Today, many people ask queries through voice instead of typing them out in the search bar.
Needless to mention, you need to adapt your business strategy to cater to this new trend. Before creating content for your business website, consider factors like voice search, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and hyperlocal focus. Your website must have good quality, relevant content with more long-tail keywords (keyword phrases having three to five words), and a conversational tone.
Without any video content, your business website would be seriously lagging behind your competitors. In fact, new search visibility trends emphasize that you prioritize video as a prime content medium and include it in your content marketing strategy.
Search engines rank your website higher if you have carefully optimized video content in it. For effective video optimization, you need to carefully combine targeted keywords, text, video language, sharing information, and promotions. Having a strong video presence on several channels, including YouTube, will certainly increase your website traffic.
6) Use featured snippets – The Search Engine Results Page (SERP) provides featured snippets or answer boxes at the top of all search results. Featured snippets are shortened clips of information. They provide search engine users with a short answer to long-tailed search queries and also the link to the website.
Featured snippets take an appreciable percentage of the web traffic from the top search results displayed in the SERPs. The reason being that search engine users tend to prefer clicking on the link for the shortened clip rather than the search result below it.
So, use these featured snippets to improve the user experience of your business website. You need to structure your content in a way that it remains brief and precise.
7) Boost Brand Awareness – Increase your website’s popularity with your target audience by increasing brand awareness. Backlinks- the links that point back to your website from external websites, establish your brand’s authority. According to recent surveys, backlinks are one of the best ways to get a higher ranking from search engines.
You can promote your brand with the help of other reputable websites in your industry. When these websites include links to your content and online visitors follow them to your business website, they begin to connect your brand with the content related to your products or services. For implementing the backlink strategy, you need to do effective SEO marketing and keyword placement.
Also, by being active on social media, you can share content from channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Optimizing your business website is vital for higher search engine rankings, for improving its user experience and also for your own web presence. Better search visibility for your website means that your site will become more popular among online users. Effective optimization is a fine balance between the technical and creative aspects of your online marketing strategy.
So, focus on adding targeted keywords and videos to your website content, consider voice-based searches of online users, and make your website mobile-friendly. Encourage your team to post engaging blogs on your website.Work hard on improving the user experience and security of your site. Don’t neglect the benefits of featured snippets. Last but not least, watch out for new trends and market your brand through the backlinks.